Coaching engagements will generally follow the coaching process outlined below. The length and specific activities included in each step will be tailored to meet the unique needs of each leader.
Engagement & Contracting
- Define business context, e.g. strategy, culture, values, etc.
- Define key development goals and success factors
- Define “rules of engagement” concerning confidentiality
- Clarify how coaching aligns with organization’s talent management programs
- Clarify roles and responsibilities, e.g. client, coach, manager, HR, etc.
- Agree upon milestones, timelines and reporting
- Assessment Tools – 360 multi-rater (on-line or individual interviews) and other forms of assessments.
- Can utilize assessment data from client’ organization.
- Shadowing – Observing the leader in their work setting
- Review how to interpret the assessment results
- Discuss findings and identify areas that require additional follow-up
- Explore reactions to results and address questions
- Highlight strengths and agree upon key development areas
- Create development plan and review with manager for alignment
- 1:1 live meetings between coach and client held twice a month for 60 – 90 minutes
- Coaching can be also be conducted via video or phone at client’s request
- Unlimited “real time” access via phone, text or email for coaching support between sessions.
- Progress review meeting(s) as defined by the coaching contract
Completion and Follow-up
- Review progress and opportunities for continual development
- Meet with client and manager to review results and next steps
- Contact client via phone 90 and 120 days post engagement to discuss progress and ongoing challenges